Our Lavender Essential Oil is therapeutic grade and has a fresh, clean, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and pleasing.
It is ideal for aromatherapy, perfumery and skin care.
Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it.
All bottles have a top with an orifice inside that reduces dispensing to a drop, except the roll-on bottle which has a roller ball application under the cap.
The lavender essential oil is extracted using a Steam Distillation process, which is the best method for capturing all of its chemical constituents.
Always use caution with essential oils as they are the most potent essence of the plant. Don’t fall into the trap of – if a little is good, more is better. Less is more with Lavender Essential Oil.
It can be used directly on the skin, this is called “neat”. And is safe for children and pets.
There are 3 ways to get lavender into your body
- Apply it topically to the skin (over 70% of what we apply is absorbed into the bloodstream.)
- Breathe/Inhale the scent or diffuse it into the air.
- Consume it by adding it to any foods or drinking tea. However, the essential oil is considered too potent and strong for flavoring food and drink.
You would utilize lavender one or more of these ways depending on what you are trying to achieve by using lavender.
Did you know it is:
- Analgesic – Apply it topically to the skin or soak in a warm bath with lavender.
- Antibacterial – Apply it topically to the skin, bathe with lavender soap. Use a cleanser containing lavender to clean kitchen/bath surfaces. Purify the air in your home by infusing lavender into the air.
- Antispasmodic – Apply it topically to the skin or soak in a warm bath with lavender.
- Anti-tumoral – Apply it to the bottom of the foot (instep) every evening.
- Antiviral – Purify the air in your home by infusing the scent of lavender into the air.
- Antidepressant – Breathe or Inhale the scent. Also provides a relaxing, calming affect due to the release of dopamine when inhaled.
- Decongestant – One drop under the nose and breathe in the scent. Also 1 teaspoon daily of Lavender Infused Honey helps with allergies and both help with upper respiratory infections, including bronchitis.
- Detoxifier & Antioxidant – Consume it in any foods.
- Anti-Inflammatory – Apply it topically to the skin or soak in warm bath with lavender.
- Disinfectant & Antiseptic – Apply it topically to the skin, bathe with lavender soap or use a cleanser containing lavender to clean kitchen/bath surfaces.
- Fungicide – For nail fungus or athletes foot – apply where needed. Gargle with 2 drops in 8 ounces of water for yeast infections in mouth. Use a few drops in a bird bath to stop the algae from forming.
- Insect Repellant – Apply topically to skin – people or pets. Use sachets in drawers and closets. Magic against mosquitos.
- Sedative – Breathe or Inhale the scent before bedtime. Lavender balances body and mind and calms or stimulates according to your body’s needs.
- It’s excellent for aiding skin conditions like rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, acne, heat rash or dermatitis from poison ivy or unknown causes.
- Treats burns, fever blisters, and headaches.
The list goes on and on. No home should be without it!
Aromatherapy Tip: Infuse a room with the scent of Lavender by sprinkling several drops of Lavender essential oil on the tops of ceiling fan blades-allow to dry. When blades are spinning the circulation will infuse the room with the scent of Lavender.